homeour websiteshop onlinethe storyarchives



Friday, July 25, 2014
Splendour in the Grass Border Style Part 2 @ 9:54 AM






Ok, so I'm not exactly in the same generation as the majority of the splendour crowd, so I thought I'd take advantage of Bec and Tara's inside festival knowledge and let them kit me out.


Here is Bec's styling suggestions:

"Hmm ok what about; a Border crochet dress with Woodstock grey yeti vest. Vintage Century Lily boots and some Spell rings to jab the people in front with hehe. Or what about your We Are Handsome leggings with a Woodstock cream vest and a pair of black docs?? 
Hair out is a must.. looking shaggy with your side fringe."


 1. Spell jewellery - available in store
2. Yetti vest, sold out!
3. Lilly boot - $189 in store and online
4. Yetti coat, sold out!
5. Doc Martins
6. Wild Fox leggings

I think Bek's second suggestion sounds awfully like how I look to walk my dog each morning, so I asked Tara what she thought,

"Okaaaaay so.. Boy pant in leopard with Lilly cream boot. Vintage band tee and the Elouera cape in taupe for when it cools down. Aztec Navajo bag. Red Wildfox reflector sunnies. Actuallllllly, you can wear Wild Fox love heart sunnies instead if you like? 
(I would love - but they are sold out - Vanessa)
No lippy. No make up. No brushing of the hair. Cool as a cucumber haha <3"


1. Wild Fox Sunglasses
2. Vintage t shirt
3. Vintage Aztec Navajo bag
4. Lilly boot, $189 in store and online
5. Boy pant in leopard, $160 in store and online

(Okay, so they both suggested The Vintage Century Lily Boot, so I guess I really must have them - Vanessa)

Now for Vanessa's turn to style her favourite artists for Splendour...

I can’t choose - this is tough! On the one hand, I would love to dress Lily Allen, just because she’s such a big star, her lyrics make me smile and I would love to see her in a pair of our SPARKLE PANTS! So, I would put her in our gold sparkle pant and jacket and throw in a Wildfox Panda knit and a pair of Converse - super cute! 
1. Sparkle blazer, $169 in store and online
2. Wild Fox panda knit - $169 available in store
3. Converse sneakers
4. Sparkle pant, $189 in store and online

But, then, I would really like to dress Gossling, because she has a style I love - classic, but with a fair bit of quirky and I am really looking forward to seeing her. I would make her wear our floral suit, for sure. Because she also loves things that are little more neat and classic, I’d pop our Loretta beaded collar shirt underneath.


1. Loretta shirt$149 in store and online
2. Floral blazer$169 in store and online (Wild Fox tee underneath)
3. Floral pants$160 in store and online

Hope to see you at Splendour!!

xx The Border Team

 photo b1a82e8a-95cd-4b4e-9f90-087ca02b0b54_zpsefcbf5d7.jpg  photo 0d14cf72-3ff6-4d1b-a990-a570b1ae75fe_zps2481be54.jpg
 photo ScreenShot2013-06-09at43008PM_zps790aed1f.png  photo ScreenShot2013-06-09at43020PM_zpsa6d721ac.png  photo ScreenShot2013-06-09at43032PM_zpsfa9d4724.png
 photo SOBInstaFollow_zpsf7222b93.png  photo 956768ce-b6df-457f-bf12-cd1a17d4526d_zpsc3f2b7aa.jpg